|Destination||Mt. Jeans Nasu, Tochigi|
|Dates||Everyday between January 5 and March 24, 2019 (there are some excluded days) |
Please check our calendar below.
|Time||Morning tour: 9:00 am – 11:30 am|
Afternoon tour: 12:30 pm – 15:00 pm
|Bike Rental||Included in the tour price|
Rent a popular fat bike, a bicycle with oversized tires, get on a gondola lift with it, and ride in a snowy forest at the mountain top!
Ride Experience presents the winter-only snow cycling tour at Mt. JEANS NASU.
Bike on a snowy forest path between large beech trees to find a spectacular view!
Mt. JEANS NASU is a ski resort easy to get to from Tokyo.
It’s the first ski resort in the Kanto region to offer a guided fat bike / mountain bike (MTB) snow cycling tour!
You with your bike take a gondola lift to the mountain top at an altitude of 1,400 meters.
The tour comes with a rental fat bike or MTB. (While quantities last.)
- This is the only place in eastern Japan where you can snow bike! You can try it out anytime between January and March.
- Snow biking is easy and safe with a fat bike, even for beginners.
- You will take a gondola lift and will head to a forest path at the top of the ski mountain. No skiers or snowboarders will be in your way (you will not be riding on a ski slope).
- Our guide will give you easy-to-understand instructions on how to ride on snow. The route is designed to be enjoyable even for beginners.
- To join the tour, just sign up. Everything you need including a fat bike and helmet is included in the tour package.
- You can also rent ski clothing and/or snow boots (additional fees apply).
Check in, rent a bike, and share a gondola lift with your bike.
Get off at the top. Now you are off to a snowy world!
First, practice how to ride your bike in an open space.
If you are new to a sports bike, don’t worry. Our guide will thoroughly teach you how to ride it. So, try that out!
When you get the hang of it, it’s time to ride on a forest path between large beech trees! If it’s clear, a breathtaking view awaits you.
The tour fee includes a sport bike rental fee. Choices are as follows:
KONA / CANNONDALE
A bike perfect for adventures and exploration. It is equipped with oversized tires like an off-road motorcycle to allow a fun and stable ride on rough or snowy surfaces (10×1 speeds).
A versatile sports bike providing a stable ride both on and off road (8×3 speeds).
|Tour Name||NASU SNOW CYCLING TOUR|
|Dates and Time||Everyday between January 5 and March 24, 2019 (there are some excluded days) Please check calendar.
Morning tour: 9:00 am – 11:30 am
Afternoon tour: 12:30 pm – 15:00 pm
|Meeting Point||In front of the information counter of Mt. Jeans on the second floor|
|Price||6,500JPY per person (5,500JPY for the person who bring his/her own fat bike and helmet)|
|What’s Included||Guide, bike rental (fat bike or MTB), helmet, gondra fee, insurance and tax.|
|Additional Fees||You must pay for parking at the Mt. JEANS NASU parking lot (1,000 yen) on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The tour can be chartered for 2,000 yen (per group). You can rent ski clothing for 2,000 yen and snow boots for 1,000 yen.|
|Riding Level||Relaxing (Beginner)|
|Conditions||・The tour is suited for beginner to Level 1 riders ・You must be 150 cm or taller If you want a child between 120 and 150 cm tall to join the tour, charter a tour for an additional fee (2,000 yen) and enjoy it with your family or group (children shorter than 120 cm are not permitted).|
|Maximum Participants||10 people|
|Minimum Participants||2 people|
|Rental Bikes||Fat bike or Mountain bike|
|Payment||Please pay the tour fee in cash on the day of the tour.|
|Tour Operator||Ride Experience Inc.|
|Supporter||Mt. Jeans Nasu|
What to bring
- ID (any one of the members if participating as a group).
- Warm, water-proof, and comfortable clothing (e.g., clothing for skiing or snowboarding, cold- and water-proof outdoor clothing).
*Ski / snowboarding clothing is available for rent at the ski area.
- Water-proof shoes or boots that you don’t mind getting dirty. (Trekking shoes are the best, bindings are not permitted, and rental snow shoes are available at the ski area.)
- Cold- and water-proof gloves. (Remember to bring them because they are not included in rental clothing.)
- Drink (bikes have a holder for a 500 ml pet bottle), energy food, and so on.
- Change of clothes. (Your clothes may become dirty or wet from sweating.)
*If you want to bring your belongings, only a backpack is allowed. (Shoulder bags or hand bags are prohibited for safety reasons.)
Note on reservation and participation
Please pay the tour fee in cash on the day of the tour.
- The tour still takes place in light rain. If extremely bad weather is predicted, the tour may be cancelled. In this case, we will contact you by 7 pm the day before.
- The tour will be cancelled, even after your booking, if the required minimum tour size is not reached.
- If the tour you reserved is cancelled, we will rearrange your tour date or refund the full amount.
There will be a cancellation fee if you cancel your reservation for reasons attributable to you. The fee depends on the date of cancellation. Thank you for your understanding.
|Cancel 7 – 2 days prior to the tour date||30% of the tour price|
|Cancel 1 day prior to the tour date||50% of the tour price|
|Cancel on the tour date / No show||100% of the tour price|
How to reserve the tour
Please read the terms of service below and make a reservation via the email form or by phone. The reservation process is complete when we confirm your reservation.
The tour may take longer than planned due to weather, traffic, construction work, or the biking skill or physical condition of the participants. Please set aside plenty of time before your next plan after this event or tour. Make sure to wear a helmet to prevent or reduce injuries. Injuries may not be covered by insurance if you do not wear it.
Insurance Benefit Details
The below is the details for the insurance included in the tour. Please note that the insurance benefit is not enough to cover all your medical expense when it needed. You are strongly recommended to make a contract of travel insurance.
Death or permanent disability, up to 5,000,000 yen
Inpatient medical costs, up to 4,000 yen per day
Outpatient medical costs, up to 2,000 yen per day
Company liability, up to 100,000,000 yen
The travel insurance is not included in the tour. Full personal travel insurance including accident, illness and travel cancellation is strongly recommended for this tour/program to guard against the unexpected event.
Health and Fitness requirements
To fully enjoy and benefit from your holiday experience you should be in good health and physical condition. If you have a medical, physical or mental condition you must disclose this to us upon booking. You are also obliged to do the same once your condition changes prior to departure.
Assumption of Risk and safety declaration
You acknowledge that:
- By its very nature of adventure travel like bike tour/program can be more challenging and demanding with a commensurately higher level of risk compared with conventional holidays, and involve potential exposure to injury and possibly death.
- The additional dangers and risks associated with bike tour/program may include difficult and dangerous terrain, extremes of weather, including sudden and unexpected changes, remoteness from normal medical services and from communications and evacuation difficulties in the event of illness or injury.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any person who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. We also reserve the right to cancel any activity if we become concerned for any reason for your safety or that of any other person.
- You must follow our instructions and use any safety equipment provided at all times. For the above reasons you accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with the proposed adventure and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.
Release and Waiver of Liability
In consideration of Ride Experience Inc. accepting your booking and in consideration of you being permitted by Ride Experience Inc. to join the tour to the extent permitted by law, you:
- Release, waive, discharge, hold harmless and agree to indemnify Ride Experience Inc. and its officers, employees, agents, licensees, guides and other representatives from all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services, loss of profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise which may arise out of or occur during your travel in connection with the tour or any activities conducted in conjunction there within unless caused by the willful negligence or wrongful act of Ride Experience Inc. and its employees: and regardless of the situation or circumstances giving rise to the claim you waive any claims you have, or may at any time have, against Ride Experience Inc. and its employees and you agree, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risks associated with the tour/program, not to make any claim against or seek any compensation from Ride Experience Inc. and its employees in respect of any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property sustained by you as a result of your participation in the tour/program. To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded.
Image Rights, Media Content and Devises
You irrevocably consent to:
- Your appearance in the tour/program being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television program, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by any means and in any media and format now or invented after the date of the tour/program;
- The use and reproduction of your name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by any means and in any media and format for the purpose of advertising, publicity and promotion of the tour/program and Ride Experience Inc. ; and
- You further hereby waive any moral rights you may have in respect of any use, reproduction, modification, publication or broadcast of your name, image, appearance or likeness.
All content from photographs, official blogs, emails, promotional materials and other materials distributed by Ride Experience Inc. is the exclusive property of Ride Experience Inc. and must not be copied or distributed without the express written approval of Ride Experience Inc..
You are permitted to take photography for personal use only. Any commercial use of such photography is prohibited unless express permission has been granted from Ride Experience Inc..
The information supplied by you on the booking form will only be used by Ride Experience Inc.. However, in the unlikely event of an accident, any special medical or personal information may be supplied to medical or emergency services personnel.