|Dates||Everyday (there are some excluded days) Please check our calendar below.|
|Time||9:30 am – 15:00 pm|
|Price||10,000JPY/person (Lunch, harvesting experience and vegetable souvenir are included)|
|Bike Rental||Included in the tour price|
About 180 km away from Tokyo, which is a 70 minute northbound trip on the Tohoku Shinkansen, you will find a farming village with over 1,000 years of history at the edge of Japan’s largest alluvial fan at the base of the Nasu mountain range. While it is a countryside surrounded by rocky hills, the area was once ruled by a feudal lord and was a post station on the Oshu Kaido. Many famous poets visited this area too. In this tour, you will enjoy a slow, relaxing ride through this beautiful village area. Follow our guide who knows the area inside out and travel on quiet, narrow pathways and between rice fields. You will become a part of the unspoiled scenery of Japan featuring a neighborhood of old, traditional farmhouses. What you see along the way will become more interesting if you listen to our guide explaining the local history. The highlight of the tour is a vegetable harvesting experience hosted by a farmer who supports local food supplies and cherishes local culture, followed by a full-course lunch prepared by the lady of the farmhouse featuring fresh vegetables from the farm. You can take home the vegetables you harvested as a souvenir. You can rent an e-cross bike and enjoy the tour even if stamina is your concern.
- You will be biking in a traditional Japanese area featuring carefully maintained beautiful rice fields and vegetable fields.
- Our guide will take you to “hidden gems,” which are not necessarily tourist attractions but places valued and protected by the local residents for their local history and charm.
- You can experience harvesting seasonal vegetables and take them home as a souvenir.
- The fresh vegetable full-course lunch prepared by a farmer is a great delight that provides the real tastes of vegetables! This is an ideal healthy meal.
- Don’t worry if you are new to a sports bike. Our guide will give you full instructions on how to ride it and take you to quiet, easy-to-ride roads where you meet few cars. You can also rent an e-hybrid bike.
- To join the tour, just sign up. Everything you need including a bike and helmet is included in the tour package.
After making bike settings and learning how to ride it in front of our tour desk, you are ready to go! Enjoy a smooth, relaxing ride in the countryside where you meet few cars. Cruising under a canopy of leaves will feel great. You will stop by shrines and historic sites. There, you can feel the unity of human history and nature.
At a local farm, you get the taste of what farm work is like through the harvesting experience! Then, you will savor the taste of vegetables fresh from the farm in the “fresh vegetable full-course lunch” prepared by the lady of the house!
In the afternoon, you will bike through the natural Japanese landscape while stopping at scenic areas and where there is spring water. Finally you will return to the start point to complete the tour.
The fresh vegetable full-course lunch features vegetables that the farmer grew including the ones freshly harvested. Each dish will amaze you with the real, natural flavor of vegetables that you can never taste at restaurants in big cities. Be prepared to be surprised by a great variety of ingredients and cooking methods and also the volume of vegetables served for you.
In this tour, you can rent a sports bike from the choices below. The rental fee is included in the tour price.
TREK hybrid bike
It is an easy-to-ride-and-maneuver model perfect for a sports bike beginner. We have a lineup of the smallest size (8×3 speeds).
It is an e-hybrid bike.
While providing a sporty biking experience, its motor gives the right amount of assistance on hills. It is the most advanced comfortable bike (9×2 speeds).
|Tour Name||NASU SATOYAMA Farm Ride|
|Dates and Time||Everyday (there are some excluded days)
Please check our calendar
9:30 am – 15:00 pm
|Meeting Point||Ride Experience Tour Desk (3 minuets walk from JR Kurodahara station)|
|Price||10,000JPY per person (Lunch, harvesting experience and vegetable souvenir are included)|
|What’s Included||Guide, bike rental (hybrid bike or e-bike), helmet, lunch, harvesting experience and vegetable souvenir, insurance and tax.|
|Riding Level||Relaxing (Beginner)|
|Conditions||・The tour is suited for beginner to Level 1 riders
・You must be 150 cm or taller If you want a child between 120 and 150 cm tall to join the tour, charter a tour for an additional fee (2,000 yen) and enjoy it with your family or group (children shorter than 120 cm are not permitted).
|Maximum Participants||20 people|
|Minimum Participants||2 people|
|Rental Bikes||TREK hybrid bike or YAMAHA e-hybrid bike|
|Payment||Please pay the tour fee in cash on the day of the tour.|
|Tour Operator||Ride Experience Inc.|
What to bring
- ID (any one of the members if participating as a group).
- Comfortable and easy to move clothes (pants style is recommended).
- Sports shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty (sandals and high-heeled shoes are prohibited).
- Drink (bikes have a holder for a 500 ml pet bottle), energy food, and so on.
- Change of clothes. (Your clothes may become dirty or wet from sweating.)
*If you want to bring your belongings, only a backpack is allowed. (Shoulder bags or hand bags are prohibited for safety reasons.)
Note on reservation and participation
Please pay the tour fee in cash on the day of the tour.
- The tour still takes place in light rain. If extremely bad weather is predicted, the tour may be cancelled. In this case, we will contact you by 7 pm the day before.
- The tour will be cancelled, even after your booking, if the required minimum tour size is not reached.
- If the tour you reserved is cancelled, we will rearrange your tour date or refund the full amount.
There will be a cancellation fee if you cancel your reservation for reasons attributable to you. The fee depends on the date of cancellation. Thank you for your understanding.
|Cancel 7 – 2 days prior to the tour date||30% of the tour price|
|Cancel 1 day prior to the tour date||50% of the tour price|
|Cancel on the tour date / No show||100% of the tour price|
How to reserve the tour
Please read the terms of service below and make a reservation via the email form or by phone. The reservation process is complete when we confirm your reservation.
The tour may take longer than planned due to weather, traffic, construction work, or the biking skill or physical condition of the participants. Please set aside plenty of time before your next plan after this event or tour. Make sure to wear a helmet to prevent or reduce injuries. Injuries may not be covered by insurance if you do not wear it.
Address: 3-105 Terako-hei, Nasu-machi, Tochigi, 329-3222 JAPAN
By Train: 3 minutes’ walk from JR Tohoku Line “Kurodahara” station
By Car: 12 minutes from “Nasu Kogen Smart Interchange” on Tohoku Expressway
Insurance Benefit Details
The below is the details for the insurance included in the tour. Please note that the insurance benefit is not enough to cover all your medical expense when it needed. You are strongly recommended to make a contract of travel insurance.
Death or permanent disability, up to 5,000,000 yen
Inpatient medical costs, up to 4,000 yen per day
Outpatient medical costs, up to 2,000 yen per day
Company liability, up to 100,000,000 yen
The travel insurance is not included in the tour. Full personal travel insurance including accident, illness and travel cancellation is strongly recommended for this tour/program to guard against the unexpected event.
Health and Fitness requirements
To fully enjoy and benefit from your holiday experience you should be in good health and physical condition. If you have a medical, physical or mental condition you must disclose this to us upon booking. You are also obliged to do the same once your condition changes prior to departure.
Assumption of Risk and safety declaration
You acknowledge that:
- By its very nature of adventure travel like bike tour/program can be more challenging and demanding with a commensurately higher level of risk compared with conventional holidays, and involve potential exposure to injury and possibly death.
- The additional dangers and risks associated with bike tour/program may include difficult and dangerous terrain, extremes of weather, including sudden and unexpected changes, remoteness from normal medical services and from communications and evacuation difficulties in the event of illness or injury.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any person who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. We also reserve the right to cancel any activity if we become concerned for any reason for your safety or that of any other person.
- You must follow our instructions and use any safety equipment provided at all times. For the above reasons you accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with the proposed adventure and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.
Release and Waiver of Liability
In consideration of Ride Experience Inc. accepting your booking and in consideration of you being permitted by Ride Experience Inc. to join the tour to the extent permitted by law, you:
- Release, waive, discharge, hold harmless and agree to indemnify Ride Experience Inc. and its officers, employees, agents, licensees, guides and other representatives from all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services, loss of profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise which may arise out of or occur during your travel in connection with the tour or any activities conducted in conjunction there within unless caused by the willful negligence or wrongful act of Ride Experience Inc. and its employees: and regardless of the situation or circumstances giving rise to the claim you waive any claims you have, or may at any time have, against Ride Experience Inc. and its employees and you agree, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risks associated with the tour/program, not to make any claim against or seek any compensation from Ride Experience Inc. and its employees in respect of any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property sustained by you as a result of your participation in the tour/program. To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded.
Image Rights, Media Content and Devises
You irrevocably consent to:
- Your appearance in the tour/program being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television program, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by any means and in any media and format now or invented after the date of the tour/program;
- The use and reproduction of your name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by any means and in any media and format for the purpose of advertising, publicity and promotion of the tour/program and Ride Experience Inc. ; and
- You further hereby waive any moral rights you may have in respect of any use, reproduction, modification, publication or broadcast of your name, image, appearance or likeness.
All content from photographs, official blogs, emails, promotional materials and other materials distributed by Ride Experience Inc. is the exclusive property of Ride Experience Inc. and must not be copied or distributed without the express written approval of Ride Experience Inc..
You are permitted to take photography for personal use only. Any commercial use of such photography is prohibited unless express permission has been granted from Ride Experience Inc..
The information supplied by you on the booking form will only be used by Ride Experience Inc.. However, in the unlikely event of an accident, any special medical or personal information may be supplied to medical or emergency services personnel.