|Destination||Izu, Shizuoka pref.|
|Duration||4 days / 3 nights|
|Dates||May 20 – May 23, 2019|
|Price||147,800 JPY (tax, service charge, bathing tax excluded)
* In the case of application by one person, the price will increase by 22,500 yen.
* Please pay when checking out.
|Bike Rental||8,000 JPY|
We are very proud to announce a new partnership with MARRIOTT HOTELS in Japan for providing luxury “Resort Stay” style cycling holidays in various regions all over Japan.
This is the first, really memorable gorgeous cycling tour in collaboration between MARRIOTT HOTELS and RIDE EXPERIENCE.
The tour will take place in IZU, a famous resort peninsula surrounded by magnificent Mt. Fuji, deep blue Suruga Bay and fascinating winding roads.
● Sea and mountains: a two-day cycling tour around the Izu Peninsula with luxury stay at Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji
On the south of Mt. Fuji, the Izu Peninsula protrudes about 50km into the Pacific Ocean and features hilly terrain, a complex coastline, and abundant hot springs.
Near the historical hot spring area of Shuzenji, which is located in the center of the Izu Peninsula, you can ride along one of Japan’s most spectacular roads, which offers commanding views of Mt. Fuji and Suruga Bay, and enjoy a cycling tour taking in the beautiful mountainscapes and seascapes of Izu. Don’t worry. You can rent an e-hybrid bike. Then, the hilly terrain is nothing to be afraid of.
- 2 days guided cycling tour (ride 50-60 km / day) with full of fantastic views.
- Typical and unique Japanese landscapes are condensed in this peninsula. You will ride along Japanese cedar forests, terraced rice-fields , wasabi farms, bayside fishing ports, clear streams, historical onsen towns, bamboo forests and panoramic winding roads in front of Mt. Fuji!
- Guide and support vehicle will always accompany the rides. Please enjoy the ride with a peace of mind.
- Tour guidance will be in English.
- Luxury road bikes are available on rent. High-performance e-hybrid bikes are also available so you can participate in the tour as a couple with different physical strengths, for example. *Optional
- If you bring your own bicycle, your bicycle can be brought to your room of the hotel.
- Accommodations consist of a room with an open-air bath with magnificent views. Enjoy Shuzenji hot springs to soothe your tired body after the ride.
- In addition, you can spend time refreshing in the hot spring public bath or bedrock bath* (*optional).
- Dinner is selected from a power-charge menu with plenty of local ingredients. Grilled dishes and Japanese dishes will be prepared on a daily basis.
MODERATE 50 – 60 km / day
There will be van transfers along the route enabling participants to cut the miles and steep hills.
A choice of e-Hybrid Bikes will make the mileage and ascents easier.
Day 1 (May 20)
3:00 pm Check-in
Arrange rental bikes, then a briefing and ice breaking.
* Please check in at your preferred time after 3:00 pm.
* Please enjoy dinner around the hotel. (Overnight stay・No meals provided)
Day 2 (May 21)
– Cycling Day 1- [60 km, 830m UP]
In the morning, we enjoy pleasant descents along crystal streams toward Suruga Bay. Ride along fishing ports and yes, fresh fishes will be our lunch.
During heading back to the mountains, you will see typical Japanese country side landscapes; carefully maintained beautiful rice fields, small but elegant local shrines etc. When we go through deep Japanese cedar forest in the mountains, a large wasabi farm will be spread in front of us.
After climbing a quiet mountain road, we’ll finish the first day ride at a famous craft beer brewery. Enjoy the best reward for your challenge! Don’t worry, the Marriott bus will come to pick you up.
(Overnight stay・Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided)
Day 3 (May 22)
– Cycling Day 2 – [55 km, 1,600m UP]
The second riding day is a challenging day. After moving to the seaside by bus, we’ll start and ride around a town which has many old buildings with unique Japanese traditional style walls. Passing the town and then we’ll head to the mountain along a small river.
Today’s highlight, the panoramic view from the winding road on this mountain is really fantastic! This road is actually one of the best scenic roads in Japan. If the weather is good, you can see magnificent view of Mt. Fuji over the Suruga Bay from this road.
After refreshing descent, we’ll finish the ride in a 1,200 years old famous onsen town. Enjoy walking around historical temples and beautiful bamboo forest street in this town.
(Overnight stay・Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided)
Day 4 (May 23)
Break up the tour at the hotel
11:00 am Check-out
3 nights stay at Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji
Dinner at the hotel is selected from a power-charge menu with plenty of local ingredients. Grilled dishes and Japanese dishes will be prepared on a daily basis.
Lunch during ride is included and it is also made from fresh and tasty local foods.
Support vehicles will be available throughout the entire tour.
Bike hire is available at a rate of 8,000JPY (road bikes / e-hybrid bikes) for 2 days ride.
- Ride tour: 2 days (cycling 50–60 km/day) * Accompanying guide and support cars.
- Accommodations: 3 nights (Deluxe Room with Open-Air Bath)
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Drinks and energy supplements during the ride
- Marriott original souvenir
- Mechanical support
- Insurance fee
- Please bring your own road bike. The bicycle that you bring can be stored in your room.
- If you would like to rent a bicycle, please see the information about “Bike Rental.”
* Please pay when checking out.
Insurance Benefit Details
The below is the details for the insurance included in the tour. Please note that the insurance benefit is not enough to cover all your medical expense when it needed. You are strongly recommended to make a contract of travel insurance.
Insurance Benefit Details
Death or permanent disability, up to 5,000,000 yen
Inpatient medical costs (inside Japan), up to 4,000 yen per day
Outpatient medical costs (inside Japan), up to 2,000 yen per day
Indemnity liability, up to 100,000,000 yen
The travel insurance is not included in the tour. Full personal travel insurance including accident, illness and travel cancellation is strongly recommended for this Private Bike Tour to guard against the unexpected event.
Ride Experience Inc. reserves the right to:
- Change the date of departure or conclusion of the tour, or, modify any aspect of the tour.
- Cancel or modify any routes with the tour or objectives set out in the itinerary.
- Substitute different or equivalent routes within the tour in place of cancelled or modified routes.
- Postpone, cancel or delay any such aspect of the tour if it is necessary to do so due to inclement weather, snow or icy conditions or conditions that are otherwise likely to be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions which may affect the safety of participants and guides of the group.
Health and Fitness requirements
To fully enjoy and benefit from your holiday experience you should be in good health and physical condition. If you have a medical, physical or mental condition you must disclose this to us upon booking. You are also obliged to do the same once your condition changes prior to departure.
Assumption of Risk and safety declaration
You acknowledge that:
- By its very nature of adventure travel can be more challenging and demanding with a commensurately higher level of risk compared with conventional holidays, and involve potential exposure to injury and possibly death.
- The additional dangers and risks associated with adventure travel may include difficult and dangerous terrain, extremes of weather, including sudden and unexpected changes, remoteness from normal medical services and from communications and evacuation difficulties in the event of illness or injury.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any person who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. We also reserve the right to cancel any activity if we become concerned for any reason for your safety or that of any other person.
- You must follow our instructions and use any safety equipment provided at all times. For the above reasons you accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with the proposed adventure and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.
Release and Waiver of Liability
In consideration of Ride Experience Inc. accepting your booking and in consideration of you being permitted by Ride Experience Inc. to join the tour to the extent permitted by law, you:
- Release, waive, discharge, hold harmless and agree to indemnify Ride Experience Inc. and its officers, employees, agents, licensees, guides and other representatives from all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services, loss of profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise which may arise out of or occur during your travel in connection with the tour or any activities conducted in conjunction there within unless caused by the willful negligence or wrongful act of Ride Experience Inc. and its employees: and regardless of the situation or circumstances giving rise to the claim you waive any claims you have, or may at any time have, against Ride Experience Inc. and its employees and you agree, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risks associated with the tour, not to make any claim against or seek any compensation from Ride Experience Inc. and its employees in respect of any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property sustained by you as a result of your participation in the tour. To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded.
Image Rights, Media Content and Materials
You irrevocably consent to:
- Your appearance in the tour/program being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television program, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by any means and in any media and format now or invented after the date of the tour/program;
- The use and reproduction of your name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by any means and in any media and format for the purpose of advertising, publicity and promotion of the tour/program and Ride Experience Inc. ; and
- You further hereby waive any moral rights you may have in respect of any use, reproduction, modification, publication or broadcast of your name, image, appearance or likeness. All content from photographs, official blogs, emails, promotional materials and other materials distributed by Ride Experience Inc. is the exclusive property of Ride Experience Inc. and must not be copied or distributed without the express written approval of Ride Experience Inc.. You are permitted to take photography for personal use only. Any commercial use of such photography is prohibited unless express permission has been granted from Ride Experience Inc..
The information supplied by you on the booking form will only be used by Ride Experience Inc.. However, in the unlikely event of an accident, any special medical or personal information may be supplied to medical or emergency services personnel.